Trulia put out a fantastic 2015 business plan this month and it inspired us to share some tips with you as you prepare for a new life in real estate next year.
We believe all entrepreneurs should put time into your business plan, and real estate salespeople and broker associates are no exception. The simple act of writing down your ideas of how your real estate business should operate can be helpful to ensure that your vision and your reality are on the same page.
It also helps you communicate to your Branch Manager, staff and affiliates where you are headed and how they can help you get your business there. Your 2015 Business Plan is crucial because it shows your team you have clear thought out your ideas, and you aren’t just winging it.
Here are our Top 5 Tips for writing your business plan:
- Before you get lost in the details, outline a clear, big-picture road map for your business.
- Create your plan before you determine your budget.
- Ask your clients what their needs and expectations are and build your plan around that. Don’t assume you already know!
- Consider taking one calculated risk next year.
- Run your plan by your manager or mentor who can study it objectively and point out possible weaknesses and highlight your areas of strength.