As the largest independent brokerage in Ventura County, Troop Real Estate is uniquely positioned within Southern California’s real estate market as a local, family-oriented business with all the perks of a leading national franchise. Troop’s ability to remain on the forefront of our constantly evolving industry is crucial for both our agents and our clients, and providing them with very best technology is a responsibility we take very seriously.
Convenient real estate course options. Complete your online training at your own pace.
- All 3 state-approved real estate licensing courses required to take the state exam.
- Our real estate courses are current and easy to understand.
- Outstanding customer service.
Our Real Estate Licensing School has provided excellent real estate education for real estate professionals since 1974.
As one of California’s most respected real estate schools, we’ll help you start your real estate career off on the right foot, with the best real estate training possible.
Our students graduate from our real estate school ready to become successful REALTORS® and Brokers.
Troop University study groups do an outstanding job of helping students understand the content they are learning.
We also offer other real estate exam prep materials, including the Insider’s Guide to Passing the California Real Estate Exam.
Newly licensed real estate agents working with a Troop Mentor close their first three transactions more quickly, and with happier clients, than those who did not have the opportunity to work with a Mentor when starting their careers with other real estate companies.
Troop Mentors are seasoned real estate professionals with a passion for coaching. They mentor our newly licensed agents through their first three transactions and assist them in hosting open houses, giving buyer and seller presentations, real estate marketing, and gaining and closing real estate transactions.
Our Mentors are committed to the following:
- Familiarize the agent with their new real estate office, colleagues, and communications systems.
- Make sure the agent completes all 11 New Agent classes, led by Branch Manager Tim Galvin or Training Manager Charli Tuttle.
- Assist in registering the agent in their Association of Realtors® classes on the Residential Purchase Agreement, SUPRA key, and navigating the Multiple Listing Service.
- Accompany the agent on buyer interviews, listing appointments, and assist in preparing presentation materials for clients.
- Accompany the agent on an Open House for training on best practices and Realtor safety measures.
- Coach agent on proper follow-up strategies and communication with clients.
- Ensure the agent takes steps to procure leads daily; assisting with dialogs and teaching tried and true methods for business growth.
- Remove fear from the equation, sitting with the agent in appointments to professionally assist clients and the new agent.
- Attend all office meetings and new MLS real estate listing caravans together on a weekly basis.
- Assist the agent through the escrow process, including gathering and preparing a file for closing.
- Act as the agent’s primary source of contact at all times throughout the mentorship period. Communication is key to the agent’s success.
- Assist the agent in managing a CRM (contact management system) for lead and past client follow-up.